Friday, May 16, 2008

Intro

Hi,
This is Misthi. I never had a slightest idea that someday I would start write blogs but lo behold I started it and being as lazy as me I never could continue it. So, at last I got this idea from a friend to write about the novels I read. Thanks dear Sumi for the brilliant idea ;).

When I was a kid every month my dad used get a bunch of comics for me like ‘Chacha Choudhary’, ‘Billoo’, ‘Pinky’, ‘Tinkle’ etc and when i grew a bit older I got to read novels in easy English like ‘Around the World in 80 Days’, ‘Little Women’, ‘Moby Dick’, ‘Black Beauty’ etc. And years rolled by and I was into my teens, then was the time I quite enjoyed ‘Mills & Boon’ and ‘Harlequin’ novels...yup the romantic ones. Then one day my sis gave me ‘Daddy by Daniel Steel’ and later I read a few Daniel Steel novels like ‘The Long Road Home’ & ‘The Ghost’.

Then was a time when one of my cousin got fascinated with ‘Harry Potter’ series, and he used to bug me a lot to read those, but as most would have done I teased him a lot as at that time I thought it was book meant fro the kids. But when I read the 1st book Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’, it was so gripping that I couldn’t keep it down. After that I read the complete series promising that I would never tease anyone for the books they chose to read.

I have also read 1 or 2 books by Sidney Sheldon like ‘The Best Laid Plans’, ‘Doomsday Conspiracy’, ‘The Sky is Falling’, ‘Sand of Time’ etc. Among these three I liked ‘Sands of Time the most’.

I have even read both the books by Chetan Bhagat, ‘Five Point Someone’ & ‘One Night at the Call Centre’. Among these two I like ‘Five Point Someone’ not because I was a five pointer myself in my MCA ;) but also because it was written in a very raw language like a friend telling you his story.

Later when I read Mary Higgins Clark novels I found them very thrilling as well as grasping. I have read quite of her books like ‘‘Daddy's Little Girl’, ‘Moonlight Becomes You’, ‘Pretend You Don’t See Her’, ‘Deck Of Halls’, ‘Before I Say Goodbye’, ‘A Cry in the Night’, ‘A Stranger is Watching’, ‘Remember Me’ & ‘The Cradle Will Fall’. Apart from these there are a dozen of her novels that I haven’t still read.

But now I am back into the fascinating world of fantasy and magic – ‘The Wheel of Time’ series by Robert Jordan

Apart from all this there are two other novels that I like very much i.e. ‘Pride & Prejudice’ and ‘Whitney my Love’.

I hope you guys liked the intro, and may be my comments on the books I have already read will make you read it. :)

No comments: